While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

Why? What's the purpose?

Homeland security is about to begin an operation very similar to dictatorships that collects information on journalism in an effort to eliminate any information that THEY deem false. Pay special attention to that ETC., attached to the end of the list of persons this would effect, who do you think is this etc. persons? I'm betting you've met him/her. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/07/homeland-security-database-would-track-journalists-media-influencers-report.html When are we as a nation of people with the rights to be secure in our persons, papers, and effects going to stand up and say no more? I despise fake news, I really do. However, the first amendment says, "Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment ..... Nowhere in there does it say, "Unless WE decide it's a lie." My fellow countrymen, this is how it all happens. This is how they create lists that enable dictatorships to eliminate any political opposition in a single sweep. This is the beginnings of how millions of innocent men and women end up on trains heading for prison camps in a single day. This is how freedoms are lost. So I ask, why do this? Regardless of what type of good intentions you may be presenting it with, nothing good will come of it. This will instill fear in journalism that WILL cause some people to NOT REPORT something that people TRULY need to be informed of out of fear of being incarcerated or killed. Or, is that your intent?

Comments

• edited April 7
    And as usual, their answer to this legitimate question is to tell YOU the inquiring "citizen" of America not to let your tinfoil hat cut off the blood circulation to your brain. http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/04/06/dhs-fears-journalist-database-fit-tin-foil-hat-wearing-conspiracy-theorists/ ... How long are you going to continue to accept this response as a legitimate answer EVERY TIME we question motives behind activities that mimic moves made by the third Reich in the days prior to world war 2?
  • Didn't the Crown try this also right before the Revolutionary War?
  • Something similar. I'd have to look it up though to post an example.
  • YEt, "Journalists" have Freedoms NOT in the Constitution. They are immune to many of the Libel, Slander, Terroristic Threat, making False Statements, refusing to cite their "Informants," etc that NORMAL Nationals have. I say it's GREAT to strip them of the Journalist Credentials and treat them as the Propagandists that they have shown themselves to be.

Conversely, LEGITIMATE News Outlets SHOULD retain their Additional Freedoms. However, once the NYT/LAT/Wash Post/etc WAIVE their added Protections, they can't then RE-assert them at a later time.

I feel like 4chan is a more legitimate News Source than NBC/CBS/ABC/PBS/MSNBC. At least any bias is fairly clear, and they have less FINANCIAL incentive to Propagandize. ;)
  • to be honest, at least as disturbing as this is whats been going on with facebook, twitter and YouTube at the same time. One thing I fear, as was alluded to in the original post, is that all too often, americans will not only accept, but actively support rights violations when they are framed in a certain way and supposedly aimed a a certain group. for example, how many Americans,, otherwise freedom loving, supported or at least overlooked the patriot act because it was supposedly only going to be aimed at terrorists. I can actually see supposedly freedom loving individuals getting behind this if its seen as being done to combat "fake news"
  • I wish that things were directly and correctly addressed.

"Are you too stupid to make your own Decisions? Do you need a Dictatorship to tell you which Facts are 'True' and which are 'False?'" If it was phrased this way, would it change Peoples' Opinions, or would they STILL affirm their own Stupidity? :( :'(
  • Quote WR "Are you too stupid to make your own Decisions? Do you need a Dictatorship to tell you which Facts are 'True' and which are 'False?'" If it was phrased this way, would it change Peoples' Opinions, or would they STILL affirm their own Stupidity? :( :'(Rah! Simple as that.