While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

Gun violence prevention and safe communities act of 2018

I saw someone post this on Facebook and thought I’d share here. Essentially this bill puts a lot higher tax on purchasing firearms. As Taurarious said in his “Breaking down gun confiscation” post the powers that be not only not able to logistically pull off confiscation but they also don’t have the balls to do it so the next best thing is legislating guns out of existence.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5103

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (02/27/2018)
Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2018

This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code, with respect to the excise tax on the sale of firearms by manufacturers, producers, or importers, to: (1) increase the rate of such tax to 20% on pistols, revolvers, and other firearms and on any lower frame or receiver for a firearm; and (2) impose a 50% tax on shells and cartridges. The bill exempts any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States from such tax.

The bill allocates revenues from the increased excise tax under this bill for law enforcement and public safety grant programs, including programs for research on gun violence and its prevention.

The bill: (1) increases the occupational tax on importers, manufacturers, and dealers in firearms and the transfer tax on firearms; and (2) modifies the definition of "firearm" for excise tax purposes to include a semiautomatic pistol chambered for cartridges and configured with receivers commonly associated with rifles and capable of accepting detachable magazines.

“Once again. We are at a point where I say I told you so. Let that sink in.

This year you, the poor, will loose the most important fire arms you could own! You will keep the others that aren't so good. But you will pay dearly for the crapy guns.

Oh no that wont happen.
Ok then, why is a full auto worth 30000.00. How many folks do yo know that have one?

Over and over again. I have told anyone that will listen to me.
"When are you gonna get sick of playing into the governments hands? When will you realize what the goal of false flags are? (The fed cant impose this sizable taxation with out these shameful deaths). When do you wake the heck up?"

It isnt safety at all. Its Taxation.
TAXATION.

Let that sink in.

Every single time I have said 'this is all so the feds can add more taxes!" to friends or foes. It's, oh he is a total nut job!!!!

Well I'm sick of you all not listening to me. Your ignorance has brought us to yet another cross road.

This bill will quickly advance and the low tax figure, is low to get it started. The percentages will rise quickly. You will see.

Only the rich will have gun fun!”

Comments

• Looks like history is repeating itself, and the tree of Liberty is THIRSTY.
  • I would strongly suggest to try to pressure state officials to passs laws nullifying it if , by some strange chance it passes
  • Any of you guys that don't reload right now should still load up on bricks of the different sizes of primers and common reloading powders while they are still available. Then I would stock up on bulk brass and then bulk pulled bullets.
    Also if any of you know any scrap metal collectors ask them to save you any scrap LEAD , like from old plumbing drains but not from old batteries.
    Some of us like myself can melt it down and make cast bullets from it , that only leaves powder and primers .
    Also start loading up on .22lr while it is still available , remember how tough it was to find before, well do you really want to pay such a high price in TAX later or low now ?

Personally right now I would stock up on about 5k rounds of .22lr ( Remember that you can't reload those so stock up now ) , then I would get about 1k of different kinds of shotgun loads , in addition to whatever other calibers that you usually shoot.

Get them NOW instead of later when you can't.
  • Ive always known you cant reload .22, but never knew exactly why....is it because it fragments too much?
  • Because the primer compound is in the RIM, hence rimfire, when the firing pin impacts the rim of the cartridge the compound is crushed, this is the Primary Ignition , that in turn sets off the propellant powder.

Difference between Centerfire and Rimfire Rifles
    https://difference.guru/difference-between-centerfire-and-rimfire-rifles/

• Face 10 Years In Prison If You Don’t Surrender Your Bump Stock in 90 Days

"This is not a joke. Attorney General Jeff Sessions published a Notice for Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) last week. (I’ve embedded it below.) If made final, possessors of “bump-stock-type devices would be required to surrender, destroy, or otherwise render the devices permanently inoperable.”

To be abundantly clear there is no grandfather clause in the NPRM. In other words, this is confiscation on a national scale, folks."

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/10-years-prison-surrender-bump-stock/
    click on the link to read the rest .......
  • This is where we choose, are we going to be law abiding sheep or are we going to have to stoop to the level of criminal in in the eyes of our own government in order to exercise our natural rights? Our founding fathers chose to be criminals in the eyes of their government.
  • Benjamin Franklin Quotes. We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Two Hangmen
  • b1vtwa1gyhs3.png
    image.png
    640 x 360 - 413K
  • Vermont House passes legislation imposing new gun restrictions

By Rebecca Savransky - 03/29/18

The Vermont House this week passed legislation imposing new restrictions on gun ownership, including raising the legal age for buying a gun to 21 years old.

The legislation passed Tuesday in the Vermont House by a vote of 89-54, falling mostly along party lines, The Associated Press reported.

It's the second time the legislation was approved by the House, something required by Vermont law. A version of the bill has also passed Vermont's Senate, but the Senate must pass the bill for a second time.

The House legislation also bans high-capacity magazines and bump stocks.

During the vote, a crowd of people opposed to the measures filled the Statehouse wearing orange hunting vests, according to the AP.

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican, said he was prompted to back new gun legislation after the arrest last month of a teenager who was allegedly plotting a shooting at a high school in the state.

"It's a tremendous responsibility as governor to make sure that you protect the citizens of the state so this isn't an easy decision for me to make, but I have to look at it broadly and ask myself, do some soul searching and ask myself ... are we doing everything we can to protect our kids, and the answer for me at that point in time was no," he said during a news conference.

Opponents of the Vermont legislation argued that the measures were not constitutional and said the new restrictions would not ensure school safety.
  • I feel like that about the hunting regulations in New York State.
    If you follow every one of them, there's no point in even going.
  • You can now drag and drop images here to add them to your post! They will appear wherever your caret is.
    Vermont House passes legislation imposing new gun restrictions

By Rebecca Savransky - 03/29/18

The Vermont House this week passed legislation imposing new restrictions on gun ownership, including raising the legal age for buying a gun to 21 years old.

The legislation passed Tuesday in the Vermont House by a vote of 89-54, falling mostly along party lines, The Associated Press reported.

It's the second time the legislation was approved by the House, something required by Vermont law. A version of the bill has also passed Vermont's Senate, but the Senate must pass the bill for a second time.

The House legislation also bans high-capacity magazines and bump stocks.

During the vote, a crowd of people opposed to the measures filled the Statehouse wearing orange hunting vests, according to the AP.

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican, said he was prompted to back new gun legislation after the arrest last month of a teenager who was allegedly plotting a shooting at a high school in the state.

"It's a tremendous responsibility as governor to make sure that you protect the citizens of the state so this isn't an easy decision for me to make, but I have to look at it broadly and ask myself, do some soul searching and ask myself ... are we doing everything we can to protect our kids, and the answer for me at that point in time was no," he said during a news conference.

Opponents of the Vermont legislation argued that the measures were not constitutional and said the new restrictions would not ensure school safety.

that's weird....Vermont has some of th emost permissive gun laws in the country
  • New Hampshire also has better gun laws than Texas of all places.
  • You can now drag and drop images here to add them to your post! They will appear wherever your caret is.
    New Hampshire also has better gun laws than Texas of all places.

I don't think anymore, because the main thing that NH was better than Texas on was that it had open carry and we didn't, but now we do.
  • Need a bump fire stock March on Washington 91 days from now, don't even need to have them mounted to a firearm.
  • edited April 1
    My wife smacked me at Tater Day today in Marshall County Kentucky. We walked passed a booth that had a sign that said, "Please, tell us how to stop gun violence!" I yelled at the top of my lungs while pointing at the sign, "ARM YOURSELVES!" WHACK! LMAO!!!!!
  • edited April 2
    Scout_one wrote: »
    My wife smacked me at Tater Day today in Marshall County Kentucky. We walked passed a booth that had a sign that said, "Please, tell us how to stop gun violence!" I yelled at the top of my lungs while pointing at the sign, "ARM YOURSELVES!" WHACK! LMAO!!!!!
    BWAA-HA-HAAA! Here's the friggin sign! http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/04/01/paducah-man-wants-to-know-your-thoughts-on-how-to-stop-gun-violence/ Dude, I answered you LOUD AND CLEAR on Saturday! Don't ask a question then ignore the answer given! Alrighty then Mr. McNeil, you wanted a conversation? Let's talk. We will be addressing this subject within the next 30 days. ;)
  • Step 1:
    Keep criminals and mental cases locked up.
  • Step 2: Arm yourselves. Step 3: Train yourselves. Final Step: Defend yourselves.