While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

Favorite handgun

Got this idea from another forum, but thought it is a good conversation starter.

I have several handguns and really I like shooting all of them. Not listed in any order.

Browning .22 Challenger - great target pistol, accurate, cheap to shoot, has a hair trigger that makes you concentrate on your aiming.

Glock 27 in .40 - my CC, like the way it shoots.

S&W Model 39 in 9MM - I have 2, consecutive serial numbers, also like how they shoot.

Ruger .22/.22 mag. stainless steel SA - another nice target pistol, cheap to shoot.

Ruger Blackhawk in .45 LC SA - Use cowboy loads, another good shooting pistol.

Ruger SR9 in 9MM - this is my sidearm when SHTF, also like how it shoots.

Ruger American pistol in 9MM - Still have not shot this one, but I'm sure it will be another good one.

Ruger LCP in .380 - got this for my wife, in the nightstand of course in a safe. Nice little gun, not too bad on recoil.

Bond Arms derringer in .45 LC and 410 - Wow, it kicks and you better be close to hit anything. Haven't shot 410 yet.

Kel Tec PLR-16 in .556 - technically a pistol, this is my main weapon come SHTF.

FMK in 9MM - my least favorite. Don't like the trigger pull and it has a problem with the slide. Got some parts to try and fix it, but haven't worked on it yet.

Comments

• S&W 686 in .357 mag.

• Ruger .357 mag on a speed six frame with 4in. barrel, Pachmayr grip and blued of course..

• HAHAHAHAAA...... Ruger GP-100, S.S., 4" BRL, .357 MAG .
    Funny how the first responses are all .357 mags !

• Hey PM, how bout some Springfield XD love?! Love a S&W .357 though!
  • @gadsdenmedic said:
    Hey PM, how bout some Springfield XD love?! Love a S&W .357 though!

Ohhhh you know it !
    As a matter of fact I have two handguns right next to my bed, one being my Springfield XD 5" Tactical 1st Gen 9mm with light and one of my RIA's 1911 .45acp sub-compact's, and then a Mossberg Shockwave 12ga 14" barrel shotgun with light. OOOOOHHHH YEEEAAHHHH ! ! !

Those are the three that I trust with my life and my families lives when it comes to things going "bump in the night or out in the yard".
    My GP-100 I trust completely when I'm out in the hills (remember that I live at 8'000 ft elv.) and is the oldest revolver that I bought brand new many many years ago.

• Well, there is life out there.

• @Pastor_Mike said:

@gadsdenmedic said:
    Hey PM, how bout some Springfield XD love?! Love a S&W .357 though!

Ohhhh you know it !
    As a matter of fact I have two handguns right next to my bed, one being my Springfield XD 5" Tactical 1st Gen 9mm with light and one of my RIA's 1911 .45acp sub-compact's, and then a Mossberg Shockwave 12ga 14" barrel shotgun with light. OOOOOHHHH YEEEAAHHHH ! ! !

Those are the three that I trust with my life and my families lives when it comes to things going "bump in the night or out in the yard".
    My GP-100 I trust completely when I'm out in the hills (remember that I live at 8'000 ft elv.) and is the oldest revolver that I bought brand new many many years ago.

A 14 inch barreled shotgun?!?!? Don't you people have any gun control out there? Crime must be out of control!

Wait a minute. Did you say that you bought something NEW once ???

• I've bought a few guns NEW over the years but NEVER at regular retail prices..... NEVER .

• edited August 2017

@Pastor_Mike said:

I've bought a few guns NEW over the years but NEVER at regular retail prices..... NEVER .

Not thirty minutes ago a friend of mine was showing me his next new heater, the Mossberg Shockwave.

• It handles very nice, easy to carry and yes I can shoot it one handed with #6 bird shot hitting what I aim at, all without the barrel lifting up sky high or getting hit in the noggin.
    I carry it every night that I make my rounds around the property and I feel very very safe having it with me .... along with my 1911 that is . B)

• My favorites:

my 1911/any 70 series quality 1911.

Sig 1911(quality but they have proprietary parts)

Sig 226/9/7/0/8 from pre NH days.

Current production Sig 226/9/7/0/8

Sig 320

Glock 26/19/17 whatever double stack 9mm

And the dream gun, H&K MK23, which I've fondled, dry fired, and messed with but never fired.

I like a few wheel guns, but I have yet to find one that shoots for me like my top favs do.
  • Yep, ive got my XD 5 inch tactical 9mm first gen with light/laser and my mossberg 500 with 18 inch barrell by the bed! Its a 20ga but I have buckshot in it ready to rock!
  • glock 1917 ftw

• 1st gen HK USP 40, and my custom Magnum Research 475 Linebaugh, love them both.
  • I sold off all my pistols except the Sig p320 ,i had more of a love/hate relationship with them at first but in the end i gave in and embraced my inner fanboy, 1911s are pretty awsome but mine wernt high end and had issues cycling some of the ammo i have and the mags were real hit and miss ...Anyways the Sig p320 is my favorite and it took me a long time and a lot of shooting to find a pistol i shoot better then glock. I like to clown around alot and trash talk certain pistols but my tone has changed ..i ran a hi point in an idpa type match and experienced what a real pos handgun was ....i actually started cutting glock some slack after that.

• I like S&W M&P's.

I love my 1911's.

But I find myself carryin' my Dan Wesson .357 with Pachmayr grips more than anything.

I use the 2" barrel most days with 125 gr. Gold Dots and use the 4" barrel with Buffalo Bore 180 gr. Hard Cast LFN in the woods.

Don't have the 6" or 8" barrels for it...yet.

Love that old Rosco.

• ruger security six
    s&w model 10
    ruger Vaquero

• I wish I had never sold my Ruger .357. It was on a speed six frame with a 3" barrel.