While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

Are Millennials/ Generation Z Ready for SHTF?

Found this over y morning Java and thought that it might stimulate some conversation between the new members and the old ones.

Are Millennials/ Generation Z Ready for SHTF?

Comments

• I’m into this stuff and even I’m not ready but getting there slowly but surely. Biggest thing I’m learning is that knowledge and experience is 10x better than having a closet or two full of gear. For example, I have a trauma kit and I haven’t even learned how to use it yet.
  • The other problem is that I don’t know what I don’t know where as other people who have served in the military at least have an idea of what to expect.
  • Just keep reading and asking questions here.

Much of what I post and re-post, I am not totally 100% clear on every aspect because then you guys are not really exercising any true CRITICAL THINKING.
    I want you guys to look at most of the pieces presented and then say ..." Hey what about ??.... I don't quite understand. ... OH I GET IT NOW !!! " After you can see the picture before you much like a jigsaw puzzle that's missing a few pieces .

That is the OLD SCHOOL way of learning , think it through, then think it through again while looking at it from a distance .

I post and re-post articles and videos to MAKE YOU THINK differently about things then you normally would.
    Just keep asking questions, we have quite the pool of talented teammates here that are more then willing to help .
  • edited March 22
    Old dudes, we need to help these young ones.....

Millennials in the Workforce - Simon Sinek
  • 8 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
  • Let me say this simply. I don’t care who you are or what you have done to prep for SHTF. No one is ready.

Before the lynch mob seeks to chop off my nuts, allow me to explain.

Very very very few people have ever prepared in the conditions likely to be seen when it goes south. And even fewer have even actually been honest about these conditions. We don’t know what we are going to see. Look around. Society is still clinging to itself trying to hold together but it’s already so fragmented that life hold nearly no value to the majority. The moral decline of our nation is such that satanic cults are allowed to hold meetings in public schools.

Anyone remember when it was taboo to play dungeons and dragons because of you did you would become a Satan worshipper. Shit is so sideways that when I type god on my phone it doesn’t autocorrect it to be capitalized and as seen before it fixes Satan. If you don’t believe me try it yourself.

We are in the midst of the biggest war that no one ever saw, and few of us even realize it.

So no matter how prepared you are for whatever you have prepared for, it’s time to prepare for the unimaginable, because your preps are useless in most every scenario but that which you have actually thought about.
  • I don't know if "Military Book Club" still exists, but that's where I bought many Survival books. That and the Boy Scouts' Handbook can get you trapping, camping, clearing water, Medical 1st Aid, etc.

Then, just keep practicing on the Weekends and bivouac w other ppl. You'll learn some tricks from them. Like better Snares, Fire-starting, Site Prep, etc.
  • Taurarious wrote: »
    Let me say this simply. I don’t care who you are or what you have done to prep for SHTF. No one is ready. [you're completely correct. :'(]

...Shit is so sideways that when I type god on my phone it doesn’t autocorrect it to be capitalized and as seen before it fixes Satan. If you don’t believe me try it yourself. b]I bet the Allah and Yahweh correct for you. They do for me. I just tried. "god" can Refer to "false god" or "pagan god" which are correctly NOT capitalized. But your great point IS well taken.[/b

We are in the midst of the biggest war that no one ever saw, and few of us even realize it. b]Again, completely correct. We are in a "Cold/Brushfire" War. Things get hot in Local AOs. But haven't yet gone hot on a Regional or National Scale.[/b

So no matter how prepared you are for whatever you have prepared for, it’s time to prepare for the unimaginable, because your preps are useless in most every scenario but that which you have actually thought about. b]We CAN'T think about what by Definition CAN'T be imagined. We CAN prep for all CONCEIVABLE Conditions and have great General and Specialized Skills for FORESEEABLE Situations. Then hope to Barter for whatever ELSE that we need.[/b
  • to put it in the simplest terms, like Iron Mike Tyson said "everyone has a plan till they get hit"....I think also in the prepper community, there is a tendency not to think positive about things that could BENEFIT them. another thing, depending on the TYPE of SHTF that goes down, the needs, the alliances, the problems are gonna be drastically different. for example, in the former soviet union shit went down in the Ukraine with the famine. shit also went down in th epurge...but they were different animals.
  • You raise a good point Tackleberry, they may be different animals entirely, but a duck is a duck. What I mean by that is, we don’t know what the future holds, and we may very well see something similar, or the same.