While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

How free are you?

edited March 17 in General
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”

I’m not too sure who it was that said the above quote but I have been thinking about this quote the past few weeks and what it means for me in my personal life. To me I think that this means that in order to deal with with unjust laws, tyrants and lack of due process etc is you withdraw your consent and refuse to ask for permission from your government overlords to live your life. The constitution recognizes certain rights that we naturally have yet we have to get permission to exercise them by way of licensing and permits and I’m not just talking about guns here. What rights and privileges did those licenses and permits give you that you didn’t already have? This quote is a complete paradigm shift in the way we think. This post is mostly just a thought experiment so I’m not advocating that anyone goes and breaks the law even if it is unjust but that being said we should start thinking about things like this. If the constitution recognizes the right to travel then why do we have to get a license to drive a car? If the constitution recognizes the right to free speech then why do we have to get a permit to speak out against the government on public property? If the constitution recognizes the right to keep and bear arms then why do we have to get a permit to conceal carry?

This brings me to my next point and that is the right to chose. We used to have the ability to make a choice and base our choice on what we as individuals believe to be moral and right. Over time the government has stripped us of the ability to make our own choices and instead gives us false choices that always leads to the same conclusion. To the government choice is always a zero sum game. They like to make you think you have the ability to chose but both choices always leads to the same thing. I remember a meme that I keep seeing every once in a while over the years on Facebook that says:

“You are free as long as we control your resources
You are free as long as we control your education
You are free as long as we control your currency
You are free as long as we control your internet
...your military
...your justice
...your land”
This is what I’m talking about when I say that we used to have the ability to chose.

We’re at the point where the only way we will get our freedom back is if we start withdrawing our consent to be governed by unjust laws and stop asking for permission to live our lives. This is what “becoming so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion” means to me.

I’ll leave you all with one last quote:

“Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Comments

• This is exactly what I'm always bitching about, Mop, you put it down in words. I just sound like an idiot when I try because it pisses me off so much. The present people of this country have no concept of freedom, only what is dictated to them, no free thought.
  • I suck at writing and this post could’ve been written a lot better but it pisses me off too and I guess I just channeled that anger into writing this post. The whole idea here is to practice self government on an individual level and freedom comes with responsibility. When you are truly free you have the ability to be as successful as you want to be in life but you also have the ability to really screw up in life and when you do screw up you have to take responsibility for that. People these days don’t want to take responsibility for their wrong doings, they’d rather pass that buck to someone else and I think that is where the root of the nanny state lies.
  • Writing to vent your anger or frustration is a much better way to channel that negative energy into something more positive, just look at some of mine and Dano's posts .
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA !!!
  • edited March 18
    True that pastor mike but I think most of your anger and frustration is because you didn’t have your morning coffee or you had too much coffee hahaha