While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

STUDY: Concern over climate change linked to depression, anxiety

Sooooooo........ heheheheheeee I gotta be honest with ya'all , when I first saw this I started to giggle.
So I'm going to do something a little different for a change, and if you fine fellows like it well then I will do it more often.
I'm going to make some interjections throughout this article, so please keep an eye out for them.
For all of the supporting links in this "article" you will have to go to the original "article" for them.
......................................................................................................................................
http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/01/20/study-concern-over-climate-change-linked-to-depression-anxiety-restless-nights-feelings-of-loneliness-and-lethargy/
STUDY: Concern over climate change linked to depression, anxiety

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotJanuary 20, 2018 1:55 PM with 0 comments

Via: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/concern-over-climate-change-linked-to-depression-anxiety-study-20180119-h0kupm.html

Depression and anxiety are afflicting Americans who are concerned at the fate of the environment, according to a study of the mental health effects of climate change.
.....................................................................................................................................
PM- Yes when the weather changes it can affect our mood....when it rains, we get glum, and when it's sunny we get happy !
......................................................................................................................................
Those hit hardest are women and people with low incomes who worry about the planet’s long-term health, said the study published this week in the journal Global Environmental Change.
PM- Soooooo women and poor people worry about the planet's "health" more then anything else ?
Really ?
So long walks along the beach talking about staying April fresh isn't REALLY one of the biggies ??
Or how about not being able to buy malt liquor with your EBT ?
Symptoms include restless nights, feelings of loneliness and lethargy.
PM- I felt that way when we were under the Obama administration......
“Climate change is a persistent global stressor,” Sabrina Helm, lead author of the paper and professor of family and consumer sciences at the University of Arizona, said.

Risks to mental health from climate change are a “creeping development”, she told the Thomson Reuters Foundation. …World leaders mobilized to curb man-made greenhouse gas emissions to fight “global warming” in a 2015 agreement, although the United States has since said it would withdraw from the landmark deal.
PM- why is it ALWAYS a "man-made" event when it involves something "BAD" ? We should counter that with a "VAJAJA-MADE EVENT" ???
-Foreign Affairs Mag: ‘The Problem With Climate Catastrophizing – The Case for Calm’ (Written by Oren Cass)

Climate researchers and activists, according to a 2015 Esquire feature, “When the End of Human Civilization is Your Day Job,” suffer from depression and PTSD-like symptoms.
PM- Move to Colorado, I'll help you out with that ..... B) , but your buying the pizza and twinkies.
‘Catastrophism can also lead to the trampling of democratic norms. It has produced calls for the investigation and prosecution of dissenters and disregard for constitutional limitations on government power.’
PM- ummmm..... WE all live in a Constitutional Republic, so I don't get where a dumbass like you thinks otherwise ?
It has produced calls for the investigation and prosecution of dissenters and disregard for constitutional limitations on government power.’
OOHHHH YEAH , bring back the Stalin years TOOTS !!!
‘And yet, such catastrophizing is not justified by the science or economics of climate change. Working with a catastrophic mindset and a century-long timeline, one can construct an apocalyptic scenario from almost any problem.’
PM- so what your REALLY saying is that Hell-on-Earth will occur due to the Feminist Movement....... GOTCHA !!!
– Patients should be prepared for future meetings with their doctors to include discussions of global warming.
PM- when has a doctor even been on time for an appointment let alone have time to discuss the weather ???
-Meteorologist Eric Holthaus: ‘I know many people feel deep despair about climate, especially post-election.” And it’s because of this, “There are days where I literally can’t work,” and “We don’t deserve this planet.’
PM- You'd be better off just asking your "Doctor" for a High Colonic Enema for a single ray of sunshine in your poor pathetic life.
You don't deserve to take up anymore room on this beautiful blue ball that G-d made for us !!!

Comments

• Up here in Northern Washington north of Seattle I'm always depressed. Rains and cloudy all the time, tough on a desert boy.

The only time I'm happy = payday, training day, and date night ------- oh and beer brewing / drinking day.
  • And that’s it Black5heep, finding something that makes you happy.

Too many of the younger generation live on electronic devices, not to make it through a cold spell or rainy day, but all the time, and there’s nothing much here (online in general) that’s not depressing stories and news.

I am happier overall in Texas than I was in ND because I can be outside doing more with my toddler. Sub zero doesn’t bother me, but having a toddler out for more than 5 minutes in sub zero and -30 and below windchills is asking for bad things. It doesn’t take much more than playing in the driveway for an hour or two in the sun and my day is better. No electronics other than music, some sun, a toddler blowing bubbles, and me tinkering on something and life is good. Never mind when we can accomplish something significant, like gardening or dry fire training, or a work out.

It doesn’t take much, just put down the electronics (music excepted) and do something in the sun. I don’t remember depression being as prominent growing up, even through the 00’s. People were out doing more and not staring at a screen many scientists say emit a light spectrum that confuses our brains.
  • I always set out my solar/wind up radio to listen to music when I'm out shuffling around the homestead putzing around on projects.