any cowboy action shooters

Ive seen some stuff about that particular sport and it looks FUN. any cowboy action shooters in here?
if so, any advice for a beginner?

Comments

• It "looks" fun...

I have watched a number of rounds of Cowboy Action Shooting, After my three gun matches were over...

Don't know much about it other than light powder charges, revolvers, and lead bullets ...

But...The Chaps, Cowboy Hats, Spurs, Fake Sheriff's Badges...

Lame, IMHO... :#

• If you can get past some of the costumes, it’s essentially old West three gun. I’ve seen that there are several Cowboy shoots in the DFW area at some of the ranges that offer long range as well. It actually seems more popular down here than PRS.
  • It "looks" fun...

I have watched a number of rounds of Cowboy Action Shooting, After my three gun matches were over...

Don't know much about it other than light powder charges, revolvers, and lead bullets ...

But...The Chaps, Cowboy Hats, Spurs, Fake Sheriff's Badges...

Lame, IMHO... :#

that's kind of funny because the whole costume thing is part of its appeal to me
  • Wait a second, other than the tin badge, that’s standard dress for half of Texas...
  • I used to shoot CAS in Utah.

It was a lot of fun but some people get WAY into it.

I used a Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt, a Winchester '94, and a Century 12 gauge SxS with rabbit ears.

They did have long range events that I wanted to get into but a Sharp's Shiloh High Wall repro is pretty expensive.

I gotta ask bro...

You goin' as Doc H or Big Nose Kate? :p
  • Hahaha! Golly we missed you Badday! LMAO!!!!!
  • BadDay wrote: »
    I used to shoot CAS in Utah.

It was a lot of fun but some people get WAY into it.

I used a Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt, a Winchester '94, and a Century 12 gauge SxS with rabbit ears.

They did have long range events that I wanted to get into but a Sharp's Shiloh High Wall repro is pretty expensive.

I gotta ask bro...

You goin' as Doc H or Big Nose Kate? :p
    doc H, homie....my new girl dont play that cross dressin shit.
  • Is this a new-new girl or the old-new girl that kicked you out awhile back?

Sorry, but I haven't been keepin' up.

• BadDay wrote: »
    Is this a new-new girl or the old-new girl that kicked you out awhile back?

Sorry, but I haven't been keepin' up.

no...this is a NEW girl....she lives next door..she helped me get clean, get back in school, get me my new job...she is awesome...her name is Tosheeka