Should we demand that UNION statues and Names be removed?

I'm watching Season 1 of "House of Cards" and I've noticed quite a few Union Statues and Memorials.

Since the War of Northern Aggression to prevent Independence was fought to keep Free Peoples on our knees, and subservient to a Monolithic Centralized Gov't; shouldn't WE be traumatized by the constant reminder that DC is our Military Overlord?

That they can suspend the Constitution, levy unlawful Taxes, suspend Human Rights, etc, ad naseum; and simply seize, imprison, kill anyone or anything that displeases them?

Comments

• They aren't overlords. They are benevolent benefactors put in place because we are too stupid and ignorant to take care of ourselves and to know right from wrong, and more importantly that right and wrong do not apply to them the same as us, because, well, were stupid and need more controls in us. That run on sentence is just one example of how stupid we are, and that's just me!
  • I thought the civil war was about abolishing slavery.
  • you are absolutely correct, Ski. I was stupid and foolish even to imagine that our Over....Benefactors don't have our best Interests as their UTMOST concern.

Please forgive me for my lapse of judgement. ;) o:)

Pat, the war (fought btwn militaries of separate Countries, NOT civil populations) was about Cotton Commodity Prices and the Northern Textile Magnates wishing to suppress Domestic Prices, by seeking to prohibit Exports to Europe which drove the Prices higher.
  • Remember Pat, Northern States KEPT their Slaves even AFTER the war ended.

It wasn't even until the war had been fought for 2 yrs that Lincoln tried to equate Slavery in any way with the War. He did it in a cold and calculated manner to drive up Domestic and International support for himself and his naked Aggression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation
    "Prior to the Proclamation, in accordance with the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850, escaped slaves were either returned to their masters or held in camps as contraband for later return. The Proclamation applied only to slaves in Confederate-held lands; it did not apply to those in the four slave states that were not in rebellion (Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, and Missouri, which were unnamed), nor to Tennessee (unnamed but occupied by Union troops since 1862) and lower Louisiana (also under occupation), and specifically excluded those counties of Virginia soon to form the state of West Virginia. Also specifically excluded (by name) were some regions already controlled by the Union army."
  • So slavery was legal in the north after the end of the Civil War, and Lincoln was getting paid off by northern textile manufacturers?
  • I thought the civil war was about abolishing slavery.

Contrary to the truth that was the claim made by the Central Governmnet to facilitate conscription into the Army of the "United States". The Emancipation Proclamation did not free anyone, it was a change in ownership. Take the time to READ the section one of the 14th amendment.
  • Barrett wrote: »
    I thought the civil war was about abolishing slavery.

Contrary to the truth that was the claim made by the Central Governmnet to facilitate conscription into the Army of the "United States". The Emancipation Proclamation did not free anyone, it was a change in ownership. Take the time to READ the section one of the 14th amendment.

OK, I just read it.
    Am I missing something?

• edited November 20
    A "United States Citizen" is a slave by consent. To the Artcle I Administration, "Subject the the Jurisdiction there of".
  • I find those demanding the removal of confederate statutues to be whiney little bittches, so I dont want to emulate whiney bitch behavior...let em keep their statues
  • So allowing unethical and childish behavior in our Opponents is allowable?

This is the same problem w the sex scandals. They claim that a Bible-thumping Judge wrote in someone's HS yearbook 38yrs ago, and that somehow disqualifies him from being seated in Congress when his State sends him to represent THEIR Interests.

Yet, the Dems shout and gnash teeth unless THEY are victimizing people. Then, somehow their Victims are at fault and WE are somehow to blame.

Should we fight Fire w Fire, or use some other Technique?
  • No, we shouldn't remove our UNION heritage, we should take better care of our UNION statues by giving the uniforms worn by those Generals a fresh coat of grey paint yearly to keep their memories crisp, clean, and suited for battle. Nothing honors those hero's better than being finely dressed. We should keep the horses they sit upon addorned in a freshly painted stars n bars saddle blanket under a nice shade of dark brown saddle. Their gear and saddle bags should be painted gloss black to indicate the pride they took in polishing it. Their rifles a nice coat of wood brown and black to represent the meticulous care they took of their weapons of freedom. I don't know, maybe I'm TOO patriotic. Lol
  • Lol. Great Comments Scout. I knew that I could count on YOU for a cool-headed, reasoned Response to the Hot Heads on the Left. >:)

Like placing fresh flowers graveside on Memorial Day.
    In Houston, they always ride around in the streets on horses for "June-teenth." When word of the CSA's capitulation reached local Forces.

I've never known quite how to react to this. I feel that it's disgusting, but have to watch "appearances" as I'm a Public Servant. So, I just become "extra vigilant" about Noise Complaints and Public Nuisance during the following weeks. Then become SuperPatriot on July 4th. The "1st Declaration of Secession" from a Tyrannical, Despotic Regime.
  • Lol. Great Comments Scout. I knew that I could count on YOU for a cool-headed, reasoned Response to the Hot Heads on the Left. >:)

Like placing fresh flowers graveside on Memorial Day.
    In Houston, they always ride around in the streets on horses for "June-teenth." When word of the CSA's capitulation reached local Forces.

I've never known quite how to react to this. I feel that it's disgusting, but have to watch "appearances" as I'm a Public Servant. So, I just become "extra vigilant" about Noise Complaints and Public Nuisance during the following weeks. Then become SuperPatriot on July 4th. The "1st Declaration of Secession" from a Tyrannical, Despotic Regime.

you have a problem with Juneteenth????

• edited November 26
    Not the Holiday, the way that some people use it as a "screw Whitey" day.

Blasting stereos too loud so that my teeth rattle. Stopping traffic by riding horses in the streets.

If people offered me some BBQ or I saw some Miss Black Teen Sunnyside beauty Pageants, that would certainly be GREAT! B) :* <3
  • Not the Holiday, the way that some people use it as a "screw Whitey" day.

Blasting stereos too loud so that my teeth rattle. Stopping traffic by riding horses in the streets.

If people offered me some BBQ or I saw some Miss Black Teen Sunnyside beauty Pageants, that would certainly be GREAT! B) :* <3

sunnyside chicks aint shit on acres homes chicks

• It's easy to understand, you just have to go from being sane to insane.....

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The best books... are those that tell you what you know already.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“You are a slow learner, Winston."
    "How can I help it? How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
    "Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984