FBI agent loses gun, rolex and cash while partying with strippers

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/09/fbi-supervisors-gun-stolen-from-hotel-room-after-night-drinking-officials-say.html

Robert Manson, a unit chief in the FBI’s international terrorism section, was staying at a Westin hotel in Charlotte, N.C., during training in July when his Glock .40-caliber handgun was stolen.

A police report said a $6,000 Rolex watch and $60 in cash were also stolen.

New york reported Manson and other senior agents had been in North Carolina for training and later went to a hotel bar. Agents told police they'd been drinking with women who said they were exotic dancers.

The next morning, Manson’s weapon was missing.

FBI spokesman, Michael P. Kortan, told the Times the incident was the subject of an internal investigation and declined to give additional comment.

The FBI didn't immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

Robert Tufano, a spokesman for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, confirmed the incident to Fox News, saying in a statement that patrol officers responded to the hotel around 6:30 a.m. on July 10.

“Investigators determined the victim, Robert Manson, met a woman in the hotel bar the prior night and took her back to his hotel room,” he said. “Mr. Manson identified himself as a Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.”

According to the Times, Manson was incapacitated from drinking alcohol and a fellow agent, Kevin Thurman, reported the theft to the police. In the police report, the theft is noted as occurring sometime between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.

The hotel's bar closes at 2 a.m.

No arrests have been made and police officers have not recovered the weapon.

Turfano said “Manson was not acting in a law enforcement capacity at the time of the incident.”

According to the Times, Manson oversees all terrorism investigations in the Midwest and the Carolinas.

This incident is the latest embarrassing mishap for the FBI. Earlier this year, one agent was cited in an internal review after a family member accidentally shot him.

Last year, an assistant special agent in charge was charged with drunken driving and an internal review found he had improperly carried his gun while intoxicated.

Comments

• I dont know why but I find this hilarious
  • The Brightest and Best of Law Enforcement ..... In a pigs eye , :D Hahahahahahaaaa :D

Ol' J. Edgar Hoover the cross dresser would be sooooo proud of this agent !
  • hell, the boys likes booze and mammaries...but you GOT TO BE MO CAREFUL
  • It's ok Mr. FBI Guy, I had my innocence stolen by a stripper once. Then I had to pay her on top of that.
  • Haha, whoops! Dun duh dun!
  • Yea. That happens pretty regular.

What was super shocking was when the Air Marshals leave their gun in the airplane lavatory
  • How does an fbi agent afford a rolex??
  • Clinton pays good is my guess.
  • Most FBI are GS 13 or better. Location pay can be up to 15% sometimes better. Take home can easily be 6 figures.
  • Plus democrat bribes, and side jobs for political thugs .... they could probably clear half a mil fairly easy.
  • And they still can't catch any crimes that they didn't plan......sad
  • Whats with the "mammeries" stuff...is that a movie reference or something? Ive seen it several diffrent places ..im assuming its got a dirty origin if your quoting it BCT. :D
  • mammaries=tittys
  • lol ..i didnt know that.