While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

Glock or 1911....Ha Ha..

OMG, If We have another discussion on how Good Glocks are and How Lame 1911's are...

Please, Someone Punch Me in the Mouth... :)

Comments

• You know it's going to happen. How many times has it happened before? If not that exactly, similar endless arguments at least.

• NOT AGAIN!!! lol.

• We know that the 1911 won the argument so if anyone says anything different , I say that we ship them off to BCT for re-education . :D

• This keeps happening because groupies of both platforms tend to be sensitive with glock people being by far the most sensitive.

• LETS JUST SETTLE IT, the glock is made from the same material as liberal bedroom toys. the 1911 is made of METAL, men and metal both start with M, gay and glock both start with g.

the next time my dog needs a chew toy made of synthetic polymers, ill be sure to pick up a glock. Until then, the 1911 is a clear winner.

thanks for playing.

• but..but..but...Wait.

• I prefer S&W or Beretta. I haven't liked any Glock I ever tried. Im not much of a pistol guy so I never had much to add to the 1911 vs Glock argument. I did find it interesting how riled up folks get on the subject.

• If its quality, works, and works reliably, who cares. The only pisotl that seems to have a proven bad track record is Hi Point, which is weird since even the people who hate their pistols tend to like or at least appreciate on some level- their carbines.

Everything else is just Fanboy (Sig RULES! Sig Rules! Sig RULES! [as my station wagon drives off a cliff])

• RDT, I plan on heading your way soon, and I will bring my G34 with me when I do. I used to dislike all Glocks as well as far as fitting me, never bashed their reliability or potential since they recognized their weak points and have fixes for them, until I got this one with the backstraps, totally different. Not saying it to sawy you, just let you know if theres ever an option to get one on the cheap, it might be worth it if its a gen 4 at least.

• Never had a glock nor fired one, had a colt 1911 a fine weapon there. Current side arm is a 92f.

• @Taurarious said:
    LETS JUST SETTLE IT, the glock is made from the same material as liberal bedroom toys. the 1911 is made of METAL, men and metal both start with M, gay and glock both start with g.

The Glock fits my hand just like my @ock. Great ergonomics, shoots where I point my finger, reliable, takes plenty of ammo variety, easy to clear jammed Reloads, etc ad naseum.

1911s are ALSO great. I simply have more EXPERIENCE w my G22/23 and so carry it for 25yrs now. If I had started w Wilson Combat 1911, then THAT"S what I'd carry... o:)

• null
    And glock people are by far the most sensitive. That's the only reason I partake in the argument at times. Pure amusement. The truth is, glocks pretty much eat anything out of the box and they're 600$. My gen 1 glock 17 got really loose after 15,000 to 20,000 rounds and it still worked.

The only other issue ive seen, is a mag get frozen in 1 from being in a car in hot ass El Marrage, CA for a day. It didn't flatten out or anything. You couldn't really see that it at melted. It changed shape just enough to bind up.

I was given a 1911 when i was 16. I didn't have another pistol untill i was 19 and I got a glock because it was the thing to have. I think that starting out with the 1911 is why I like them. Everything else feels weird to shoot to me. It's really about your own preference and also having something that works every time.

I'm very tempted to get the new sig p320.
  • glock 19 is best

• edited July 2017
    Midwest has magpul glock mags on sale 6 for $75
  • Supposed to say Midway
  • Midway has some killer deals sometimes.

• The only reason either of those weapons won the argument is because they were the only ones involved in the argument. REAL men, with REAL guns have nothing to argue about. I can fully rig a team member with weapon and full battle rattle for the price of either one of those POS's. One's an antique, and the other is junk.

• Oh Man....

Don't Say The 1911 Is Junk.... :D

• IMG_1419.JPG
    960 x 744 - 128K
  • edited August 2017

And since you left them out.....

• edited August 2017
    Can't put a pic of Ed Brown, STI, or Wilson on here without violating the rules....

Sorry guys.

But we can all agree that Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer are representative of Hi Point. And I won't violate your eyes like that, either.
  • Well, after all the with all the talk about the 1911 I decided to get my own.

I'm out of town this weekend and decided to hit a few pawn shops. After several shops I finally found a used 1911 A1. It's a Springfield with two mags a mag pouch and holster. It was priced at $579. Then marked down to $479. I.offered $425 out the door, they thought about it for a few minutes and said plus tax. I then thought it over and said deal. It doesn't look like it was shot very much but the glueing was holed worn. I don't know but I think it an 80 series.

I hope that I did well. I'm sure I can easily trade up if I don't like it or find a better deal.

• Lol, we all make mistakes brother, we forgive you. Hahaha!

• edited August 2017

What? Buying the Springfield, or waiting so long to buy one?

I'm sure I can recoupe the money.

• @Taurarious said:
    LETS JUST SETTLE IT, the glock is made from the same material as liberal bedroom toys. the 1911 is made of METAL, men and metal both start with M, gay and glock both start with g.

the next time my dog needs a chew toy made of synthetic polymers, ill be sure to pick up a glock. Until then, the 1911 is a clear winner.

thanks for playing.

I should have followed this thread closer.

• You can recoup your money. If it shoots well, functions with a variety of ammo, and isn't beat up, you can sell it privately for an easy $500. Heck, I might offer $500 if we get settled again and you sell it. Might be fun to rebuild another one.
  • edited August 2017

The way I see it, It's a parts and ammo availability issue. 9''s equals plenty of ammo but parts, too many different types to make parts easy to find under battle field conditions. The 45, there's plenty of ammo out there and the 1911s are way more common.

If this ain't the right model or manufacturer, it will be easy to upgrade it or sell I to

Of course I do prefer the .45 cal over the 9mm for stopping powerl. One .45. Round will put just about anyone down with just one round no matter shot placement, a 9 mil, you better be dead acurate on the first shot.

Practice double taps no matter what you shoot.