Mass shooting in Texas church.

The number keeps climbing, but its over 20, out of a congregation of roughly 50 are dead.

No known motive at this time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Comments

• Heard he was a national guard from Colorado....pregnant women and children killed. What a piece of crap, rest in hell.
  • Can we use him for target practice
  • null
    From what I heard the cops already did.
  • I hope it was slow and painful
  • Let us all take a moment to pray in our own way for all of the victims and their families please gentlemen.
    If I may say so, that if any of you go to a church, meeting house, synagogue or something similar, that you do everything within your power to convince the leadership to not only setup a security detail but also to allow ALL members who are legally able to do so to carry their private firearms while at services and studies.
    Perhaps even encourage your congregation to go to the range to brush up on their shooting skills and possibly some new training.

If they say "NO GUNS"...... then tell them that if they care so little for your family's safety then you will be finding a new church that does.

• The church was NOT a gun free zone. Just a small old church house where he was probably able to mag dump from the back before anyone knew what happened.

One of the parishioners grabbed the gun from the shooter and he ran at that point.

He was court martialed from the Air Force in 2014, and is therefore barred from firearm ownership. Apparently, at this point, no known law would have kept him from getting the gun.

I saw what is supposed to be a screenshot of his FB page, and if they are real, he was straight up Antifa and was bragging about killing white Christians this weekend to start the Antifa Civil War.

Keep your eyes open. I said the other day only the insane and violent freaks would be the ones if any who tried anything this weekend, if the screen shots are real, I was unfortunately right.
  • He was all geared up to start the war it would seem....

"At the news conference, the attacker was described only as a white man in his 20s who was wearing black tactical gear and a ballistic vest when he pulled into a gas station across from the First Baptist Church around 11:20 a.m.

The gunman crossed the street and started firing a Ruger AR rifle at the church, said Freeman Martin, a regional director of the Texas Department of Safety, then continued firing after entering the white wood-frame building, where an 11 a.m. service was scheduled. As he left, the shooter was confronted by an armed resident who “grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect,” Martin said. A short time later, the suspect was found dead in his vehicle at the county line."

Several weapons were found inside the vehicle and Martin said it was unclear if the attacker died of a self-inflicted wound or if he was shot by the resident who confronted him."
    https://apnews.com/863d8b25ac5b4a0980e37f2fafd7c02c/Gunman-opens-fire-in-Texas-church,-killing-multiple-people
  • fox news said they wernt sure if it was an armed citizen or a cop that got the shooter ..., there was an armed citizen who engaged him supposedly.
  • edited November 6
    Dear Lord, please convince other Americans that they are under attack and need to defend themselves. And give them the courage, willingness, and strength to do so. In your son's name I pray, Amen. It may not have been a gun gree zone, but, if more inside were armed, he shouldn't have made it OUTSIDE.
  • Scout_one wrote: »
    Dear Lord, please convince other Americans that they are under attack and need to defend themselves. And give them the courage, willingness, and strength to do so. In your son's name I pray, Amen. It may not have been a gun gree zone, but, if more inside were armed, he shouldn't have made it OUTSIDE.

Amen!
  • Biker and a Cowboy put an end to him.

One news outlet is reporting the shooter was an atheist, but who knows. I do know that more American need to be prepared for this kind of stuff.
  • Christianity has long since been under siege by the liberal sect of the government. They take their donations from all the leftist group's in hopes of pushing their agenda. We have entered a new age of hatred of white christians and we better be ready to pick up the sword, because if we keep turning the other cheek they will completely take over.
    Now that being said, two mass shootings in two months, shits about to hit the fan in the world of politics. The left somehow is going to blame Trump, Demo's are going to demand total gun control, and the media will somehow twist it to blame either veteran's or christians or both. Stay Frosty.
  • mmr1 wrote: »
    Christianity has long since been under siege by the liberal sect of the government. They take their donations from all the leftist group's in hopes of pushing their agenda. We have entered a new age of hatred of white christians and we better be ready to pick up the sword, because if we keep turning the other cheek they will completely take over.
    Now that being said, two mass shootings in two months, shits about to hit the fan in the world of politics. The left somehow is going to blame Trump, Demo's are going to demand total gun control, and the media will somehow twist it to blame either veteran's or christians or both. Stay Frosty.

He's right ya know.
  • Reports of one of his family members saying he was an atheist and anti government. This fits with the Antifa allegations as well.

Also, he was either Dishonorably discharged or got a Bad Conduct after Court Martial conviction for domestic violence against his wife and child. He was barred from ownership based on that, but apparently he either acquired the guns illegally via black market or straw purchase, or he lied on the 4473 and the Federal Government never did its job by putting his Federal convictions in the Federal background check system.

Gun control didn't work here, and the laws we already have should have worked if the Federal Government that wants more laws had simply enforced and followed the laws already on the books. If his wife bought the weapons for him, well, her Hell just got a LOT worse. Not only did she stay with an abuser, but she caused this as much as he did if she violated the law for him.
  • Got to agree Ski, not trying push Christianity on anyone who doesn't accept it, but if you look at biblical times, more than one had been chosen by God to do his bidding. Even then it did not stop evil doers, nor will any amount of laws now. I and others have seen how evil and dark I can be, as we all have inside us, it is a choice, that's what we are offered, choice. I'm not one who believe's once in grace always in grace, it's like prepping, training, marriage, or anything else important to you, you have to keep working at it. Alright I'll step off my soapbox now.
  • Not a government conspiracy?
  • Not a government conspiracy?

naw, I think this one was just a fruit loop
  • Isn't everything a government conspiracy?
  • lol usually ...sometimes its the russians and other times its the Aliens from outer space.
  • Sharpshooting plumber fired shot that took down Texas church gunman Sharpshooting plumber fired shot that took down Texas church gunman

source: http://republicbroadcasting.org/

The man hailed as a hero for confronting the Texas mass shooter during his rampage is a sharpshooting plumber with no military background — who hit the gunman through a gap in his body armor, according to a report.

Stephen Willeford managed to shoot Devin Kelley before jumping in another man’s truck and chasing him down, the Daily Mail reported.

Kelley blew himself away after wiping out in his SUV, according to Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt.

Texas Department of Public Safety chief Freeman Martin said Willeford “grabbed his rifle and engaged the suspect” after Kelley left the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, where he opened fire with an assault rifle and killed 26 people.

An area resident told the paper that Willeford, an avid biker who attends another church, learned about the shooting when his daughter called to say a man clad in body armor was shooting worshipers.

The local said that although Willeford has no military background, he didn’t hesitate when he came face to face with the suspect — and managed to squeeze off a round that struck the gunman, who had dropped his Ruger AR-15 variant.
    Modal Trigger
    Devin Patrick Kelley

Willeford jumped into a truck driven by another local, Johnnie Langendorff, who witnessed the confrontation, and the pair gave chase.

Langendorff later told reporters about the dramatic pursuit.

“I pulled up to the intersection where the shooting happened and I saw two men exchanging gunfire, the other being a citizen of the community,” he said.

“The shooter of the church had taken off, fled in his vehicle, and the other gentleman came and he said, ‘We need to pursue him,’ that he just shot up the church. So that’s what I did. I just acted.”

He said he didn’t know who the heroic citizen was at the time.

“He was just a member of the community, and whenever he came to my vehicle in distress with his weapon, he explained very quickly what happened and he got in the truck and I knew it was just time [to go],” he said, KSAT reported.

“So we were doing about 95 mph, going around traffic and everything,” he added.

“Eventually he came to kind of a slowdown and after that, we got within just a few feet of him and he got off the road … He just lost control and that’s whenever I put the vehicle in park … The other gentleman jumped out and had his rifle drawn on him and he didn’t move after that,” he said.

Langendorff’s girlfriend, Summer Caddel, said Kelley died a few feet away from Langendorff.

The local man said Kelley was already dead when they found him.

“He was bleeding pretty bad,” the resident told the news outlet of Kelley while he was driving. “He didn’t live much longer than that.”

Martin confirmed that police had found Kelley dead.

“We are not sure if it was self-inflicted or if he was shot by a local resident,” the police official said.
  • NOW THOSE ARE REAL AMERICANS !!!

Not like those pajama wearing, hot cocoa special snowflakes who whine and bitch about everything but don't do anything......... except to whine and bitch.
  • guys a hero ,good thing he was there or the body count couldve been alot higher
  • edited November 7
    I wonder if the cops will give him credit or just not mention it anymore ? After all when dealing with a MASS SHOOTER it really is better to let "trained professionals" (I didn't know that ALL cops are trained to handle them ) take care of the situation instead of a non-LEO.

Yeah, right.... Those men are HEROES , and should be widely recognized as such !
  • PM, it doesn't fit their agenda of you not needing a weapon just call 911.
  • I wonder if the cops will give him credit or just not mention it anymore ? After all when dealing with a MASS SHOOTER it really is better to let "trained professionals" (I didn't know that ALL cops are trained to handle them ) take care of the situation instead of a non-LEO.

Yeah, right.... Those men are HEROES , and should be widely recognized as such !

Im honored to be from the same state as these gentlemen.....they are proof that the good guys still can win
  • It's TEXAS. The local LEO's are calling them what they are, heroes. So are most people down here. It's all those liberal areas crying.
  • Now fellas, THIS is the definition of Militia. Those men didn't even know each other I'm told. Yet, when their community needed them, they dove straight in to the (LITERAL) line of fire. It could have cost them their lives, neither of them flinched or hesitated. And one of them was even a millennial. HOOO-AAAH!
  • Scout_one wrote: »
    Now fellas, THIS is the definition of Militia. Those men didn't even know each other I'm told. Yet, when their community needed them, they dove straight in to the (LITERAL) line of fire. It could have cost them their lives, neither of them flinched or hesitated. And one of them was even a millennial. HOOO-AAAH!

HOOO-AAAH...INDEED
  • this is how Texans deal with things

here is an oldie but goodie from my neck of te woods
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pecan-hill-tx/TRL7CFFCDO95SOJ91/p2
  • I love Texas...in the comments on that story, one guy from fort worth bought a box of shotgun shells and left them on the business owners shop