While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

What handgun would you select for a shtf scenario

Dosnt neccassarily have to be your favorite but whats your goto sidearm when the ballon goes up and shit hits the fan.
You do not have permission to view polls.

Comments

• P226 or a 1911, whichever I put my hand on first when I stick it in the safe. Probably the 226, though.
  • Im disapointed in Sigs CS..theyve put me on hold then hung up on me twice then they gave me the run around...Im not impressed when glock(aka thier competition) bends over backwards to help customers...All i wanted to know was if i get the recall/upgrade done on my 320 will parts be compatible with the new batches being released? and if i converted my full size to a compact if i could still get the free upgrade(i wasnt sure if they could identify if it was originally a full size or not and if the xchange kit conversion would keep it from qualifying for the upgrade) ...I got rejected from a pistol class for having an unsafe gun...since i dont have the drop safty "upgrade" ...pretty stupid and a big headache ...it sucks because I really like the platform.
  • Like ya didn't already know what I would say ..... 1911 !!!

Followed by my Ruger GP-100 ss 4" bull barrel .357/.38 , and then the first gen XD Tactical 9mm.
  • Sig is swamped lately, but that doesn't excuse bad CS. I haven't had any issues lately, and I had to call a couple times for a scope issue that ended up being a non issue.
  • I chose 1911 but to be honest, I'd rather grab extra mags for my rifle.

Or

G-17

I might have to have start a thread just to decide.

• Ruger .44 blackhawk or security six
  • Black5heep wrote: »

Or

G-17

I might have to have start a thread just to decide.

Why choose?

Get 'em both.
  • Yea you could conceal carry that too BCT...just tell people your real happy to see them
  • I don’t always choose a handgun in a shtf scenario, but when I do, I prefer Springfield XD Tactical 9mm. But seriously I’d grab a shotgun first
  • My Glocks all have interchangeable parts and I can convert btwn .22lr, 9mm and 40SW by dropping in a different barrel.

1911s sometimes require hand-fitting parts, filing, etc. Maybe they are all standardized now, but I KNOW that Glocks are.

I'd also consider Blowgun and Digitalis-coated spear as runners up...But a good suppressed .22lr rifle is tough to beat.
  • Well, I'd say it's whichever one you currently own. Rarely are handguns used for hunting, so, when you walked into the gunstore to purchase a handgun, shit hitting the fan is what's on your brain. You pick the best one for self defense against any aggressive acts towards you or loved ones. That IS your go to pistol. So, mine currently happens to be a Smith & Wesson Sigma .40. If PLANNING for shtf, it's ALWAYS a rifle.
  • people buy guns as collectibles,ccw,range toys and competitive shooting also...which dosnt always mean those are guns that would be suitable for a shtf situation
  • Anyone know when Sig will be releasing the new p320 with the drop saftey"upgrades"?
  • They have been already. All the new ship 320's are drop safe.
  • Glock 19, its the only one that doesnt sandblast my face with the TiRant installed. In the process of making my factory threaded Gen 3 into a Roland, waiting on the barrel before sending the slide off to get milled for the RMR.
  • For rugged independence, high-round magazine compatibility, parts interchangeability and customization-modularity....I have gone with Glock 17 in 9mm Parabellum
  • I havnt shot my pistol in awhile...do to my disapointment with Sig but im over it...I like the p320 I hope they get thier shit under control qc and CS wise because the 320 is a great value. ...I tried a glock gen 5 hoping to switch back but the 320s trigger and grip angle just fit me better then anything ive ever shot.
  • S&W Governor or my 1911
  • If I get to pick one I guess my AR pistol with red dot, but if I'm grabbing out the door it's gonna be glock 19.
  • What about these "handguns" ???
    8wsybqxa7syc.png
    image.png
    1204 x 849 - 3M
  • P226 or P250 22. Depending on the scenario. I know someone is going to think, " A .22lr pistol?" Simple, I can carry a lot more .22lr than I can .45ACP.
  • edited November 2017
    P226 or P250 22. Depending on the scenario. I know someone is going to think, " A .22lr pistol?" Simple, I can carry a lot more .22lr than I can .45ACP.

Yeah man, all the way up till somebody who is wearing armor as rudimentary as PASGT and is carrying a Katana decides he needs a .22 "fer snakes n such", then, HE'LL be carrying a whole lot more .22 than .45. I understand the philosophy behind your choice, more survival ammo for small game, AND a WELL PLACED shot WILL kill an UN-ARMORED aggressor, however, it WILL NOT penetrate MOST soft armor. In fact, I'm told by folks that have been hit by .22 while wearing armor that a paintball would have been more painful. I would at least carry one larger caliber weapon with a full magazine for defense, at least. But, that's your call brother, no shame in making a "call", at least you made one. Fight, flee, or freeze, believe it or not, when troubles strike, MOST untrained folks "freeze", and are unable to make a "call".
  • No common handgun round is going to be effective against soft armor; if soft armor is a factor then your shot placement will end up in the face, pelvis, or extremities anyways.
  • No common handgun round is going to be effective against soft armor; if soft armor is a factor then your shot placement will end up in the face, pelvis, or extremities anyways.
  • isnt 5.7 effective against soft armor?
  • 9mm ball will oftentimes penetrate soft Kevlar, not always, but, it does do it. 5.56 ball pistol will ALWAYS penetrate soft Kevlar. Those are just the two on my mind without checking. But, that actually wasn't the point. At least .45 will put them on their ass so you can give them a closer look from a different angle. That's where I was going with it. ;)
  • ive never been shot with armor on, is it a fight ender? does it break ribs or bones?
  • I've not been hit with small arms while wearing armor, no, nor without it. But, over the years of service, and work I've done on the civilian side, I've known several who have. The effects are different per caliber, per armor rating. Ribs have been broken, sternums collapsed, internal bleeding, vital organs damaged, severe bruising and even death has occurred from taking hits in the armor that did not penetrate. I'm told by a friend who was hit 6 times in the chest by a Ruger 10-22 while wearing only level iia that it "stung" a little and left 6 quarter size bruises. And it was nothing with the adrenaline rush.