While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

What's your favorite Rifle and optic (if any)?

I figured theres a "favorite handgun" discussion so why not a rifle and optic one too, Whats your favorite rifle and optic and whats the set up look like?(triggers,sights,furniture,etc.)

Comments

• Browning Medallion A-Bolt II with Boss. 7mm mag , 26" barrel.

Nikon Monarch 3 4-16X42 BDC.
  • My Colt 6920 with an LMT drop in trigger, h2 buffer ,Troy and magpul furnture, WOTG paracord sling..I'm unsure on optics at this point but for some reason I like this rifle better then any rifle I've ever owned ...love at first sight type shit. I chose my Colt over my BCM or LMT when I had to sell some stuff.

• edited September 2017

Different situations call for different capabilities, if I could only chose one, it would be my Ruger mini14 with a standard barrel and no optics. You can't beat the old Garand action. It will spit out Xm883 no problem. For me it's good out 400 and will bring down most anything with a head shot. Head shots are most important when shooting squirrels.

• I have to pick just one?

Skirmish rifle: LWRC M6 no optic or Trijicon MRO
    Competition Rifle: RPR with a Sig Tango 6-24 scope.
    ELR rig: Custom Rem 700 5R in 300WM with Nightforce 5-30
    Brush gun: 444 Marlin, Cabelas 2-7 slug hunter scope on see through rings.
    Rim fire: M69 with a Sig Tango 4-16, but o my because I don't have a CZ455 in the safe just yet.

If I HAD to grab just one, LWRC and the Trijicon with the Sig scope on its quick release mount tossed in my backpack.
  • whats an RPR?

• Ruger Precision Rifle

It's cheap, accurate, reliable. It's not a custom built by any means, and there's one of those on its way to my safe, but for now, it'll do.
  • Depends upon Need.
    Any accurate bolt-action w medium to high power variable scope. 308 NATO - .375CheyTac for engaging at long range.
    My Suppressed Bullpup AK for CQB.

https://imgur.com/GdsUSaQ
    https://imgur.com/qJvL1Kc
    https://imgur.com/txhSkIV
    (because the "drop url/file" isn't working to embed live images.)

30-06 w 8-40x56 scope.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 62K
    AK Bullpup.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 40K
  • @sradeski said:
    I have to pick just one?

Skirmish rifle: LWRC M6 no optic or Trijicon MRO
    Competition Rifle: RPR with a Sig Tango 6-24 scope.
    ELR rig: Custom Rem 700 5R in 300WM with Nightforce 5-30
    Brush gun: 444 Marlin, Cabelas 2-7 slug hunter scope on see through rings.
    Rim fire: M69 with a Sig Tango 4-16, but o my because I don't have a CZ455 in the safe just yet.

If I HAD to grab just one, LWRC and the Trijicon with the Sig scope on its quick release mount tossed in my backpack.

How does that MRO compare to the Sig Romeo 4m?

• MRO all the way. I love Sig optics, but I'd rather have the MRO over the Romeo4. It works better for me using the Bindon Aiming Concept.