While the site is going through updates you may notice slow downs in page loads and other glitches through out the pages. If something seems to not be working correctly wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists message taurarious using the forum or email him at Taurarious@threepercenters.org so that he knows an issue exists.

Problem with 80% lower

I finished milling out my polymer 80% lower yesterday and I'm having issues with the trigger and hammer pins. Every time I cock the hammer back either the hammer pin falls out of one of the holes or the trigger pin falls out of one of its holes or both. I think the problem might be that I shaved a little too much off of the inside of the pocket that the trigger mechanism sits in. What can I do to fix this?

20864135_494364107583613_2002379918_n.jpg
540 x 720 - 51K

Comments

• Legitimately? Throw it away and start again.

Potentially, try anti walk pins maybe.
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/hammer-parts/hammer-pins/ar-15-anti-walk-pins-prod7589.aspx
  • Maybe a single stage drop in trigger with anti walk pins but at that point it would be cheaper to start over. I do like the drop in trigger better though in a couple of mine.

• I sound like you drilled the holes just a hair too big. Are the supposed to fit tight in the lower itself or in the trigger and hammer? I don't know much about building an 80% lower, but I would imagine that if you fill it with a good epoxy that you can re-machine. I don't know if I would trust a polymer lower to begin with.

• This is the first AR that I've ever attempted to build so I'm pretty much just kinda winging it lol. I will most likely just start over and buy a drop in trigger. I was hoping I wouldn't have to start over but it is what it is. It's fun trying to figure out how to put it together though!

• The drop-in trigger assembly might do the trick without doing anything else.

• I'm with ski on this one.....anti walk pins are probably your only chance to salvage the receiver. If it doesn't work you aren't out much and after working on military weapons I prefer anti walk pins to begin with.
  • Drop in won't likely be the answer. If the holes are too big to keep the pins in the receiver, they will likely fall out even with a drop in. A good way to test would be test the pins in just the receiver. Test the pins in just the hammer and trigger parts.

I still suggest fresh start, or anti walk. If you go drop in, you may just spend a lot of money on a non fix.
  • Yeah just took the hammer out and put only the pin in and I drilled the holes a little too big as they just fall out even without the hammer so I'll buy anti walk pins and see how that works. Thanks guys!

• The anti wall are your cheapest options most likely.
  • Since we're talking about lowers.

20170816_102513.jpg
    709 x 857 - 265K
  • Well since we're showing off, here's my other rifle. Kel Tec SU16

rsz_keltec.jpg
    1536 x 1152 - 201K
  • Your going to laugh.

JB weld that bitch up and re drill.